Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Menu!


Monday Menu

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken





I do not like Mondays!! It never fails that by Sunday night my tummy is in knots!
I am one that likes to plan out the week in my mind, the good..the bad..and the ugly! I worry that it won't run smoothly or that I don't have enough time or strength to get through another week. I know that God has His hands on me and my life and I know that He directs my path...so it's strange that I even let worry interfere with my thoughts at all. However, I am human and have a bad case of the worry warts!

So, I've decided that Mondays are going to be slow cooker days! I won't have to worry about dinner on Mondays! Today I am  making Salsa Chicken! I'm going to share this very very very easy recipe.
I started mine this morning and I can only imagine how my house must be smelling right now. YUM!
If you'd like to try it, here's the recipe. (in my words :-))

Ingredients:
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
24 ounce medium salsa
1 pack of taco seasonings
1 lime
few jalapeno peppers

Mix salsa, taco seasoning pack, lime juice, and chopped jalapeno peppers and pour onto chicken breasts inside the slow cooker....and cook for 6-8 hours. Time varies due to crock pot temperatures and size of breasts! (the chickens, not yours! ;-))

ENJOY!