Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"You never did let go"





Good Morning Y'all! 

I read a poem on a blog today and thought....really? Was it written for ME? 

Once you read it, you may also think it was written for you too. I think we tend to want God to take care of everything, when we are upset we want Him to take the pain away, when we are in need we want Him to provide but how many times do we try and handle everything ourselves? It does not come natural for us to give ALL of our problems to God and not stress over them. It's not natural for us to have total faith that He has everything under control. However, that does not mean that we can't do it or that we shouldn't do it. It takes drawing close to Jesus and reading His Word daily. No doubt, it's my biggest struggle ...but one day I will able to say....It was my biggest accomplishment! (it can be yours too)






Just as my child brings his broken toys
with tears
for me to mend,
I took my broken dreams to God
because He was my friend.
But then...instead of leaving Him
in peace
to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help 
with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back
and cried,
"How could You be so slow?"
"What could I do, My child?" He said.
"You never did let go."


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.