Friday, June 29, 2012

Fortune Cookie




I love Chinese Food! I think there is something very cool about getting a treat at the end of your meal. :-)
To be honest, I don't even like the fortune cookie..I throw them away but I do read my fortune. Not that I really think it's telling my future or anything about my life...only God knows that but it's still fun to read.


A few days ago while eating with my kids...I opened my fortune cookie and this is what it said.."Every good friend once was a stranger" Hhhmmmm I thought wow that's awesome! It wasn't until that night that I really thought about it. What if I never met any of my friends? I mean almost all of my friends have been my friends for 30-37 years and I have a lot of them. I do have a few friends that I've met in the recent years but I've been blessed with LONG friendships. What would I have done without my friends? Scary thought.... actually I don't even want to imagine life without them! Deep thought, huh?


Then.....my flesh kicked in. I started thinking of a few people that I wish I never met. They could have just remained a stranger...lol As soon as I started thinking that....God convicted me! If everyone was loving, caring, protecting, considerate, and kind...how would I learn patience, tolerance, or forgiveness?


With the closing of a chapter in my life....comes great disappointment but also great excitement. I have a future ahead that is guided by God. There are strangers that will come into my life by God's divine appointment to make an impact on me...and my kids. How exciting is that? 


Whether you've been my friend for 37 years, 30 years, or 1 month....know that I am so thankful that God put you in my life! :-) 



Proverbs 17:17

17 A friend loves at all times,
    and a brother is born for a time of adversity. 


Ecclesiastes 4:9


9 Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
12. Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.