Friday, July 14, 2006


Psalm 46:10  BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!!!!!!!
 
BE STILL!!!  Oh my Gosh, Having 3 kids, I've said that a million times!!  As a matter of fact I JUST said that to my two boys while cutting their hair on Wednesday...I always tell them IF you don't BE STILL then something not so good will happen, either I'll cut my fingers (which I KNOW from experience..LOL) or you'll have a bad haircut (which THEY KNOW from experience LOL)  I am the mom, I say BE STILL,  they do, We are ALL happy.
Well, God tells us to BE STILL all of the time..Do we listen?  I had a really yucky Friday..I had a long week, I was agrivated to start off with, I worked all day and just about the time I was getting off....I realized I hadn't spent any time with the Lord all day..Which is unusual for me because I wake up praising Him, and throughout everyday we talk....  but I still didn't have time (so I thought)  I'll wait until I get home and I'll sit and talk with Him and things will be great.  Well, didn't happen...I ran home, picked up my daughter, let the puppy out, was running to pick up my 2 boys and THEN...my daughter told me she wanted to quit her job...I was trying to tell her to give a notice and before you know it we are in a huge argument!!!!  Trying to argue with a 16 year old is very difficult!!!  LOL  She got out of the car...we didn't speak and I left and picked up my boys...I got home, had some frustrating mail,  I WAS MISERABLE!  CRANKY!  NOT SO FUN TO BE WITH! (Ask my 8 and 11 year old)   I sat down and said "Lord, what am I doing that is not so pleasing to you???"  "Why is the enemy attacking me today?"  Before HE could answer...I already knew. I put off time with Him and the enemy found a chance to get to me...and boy, did he!
I prayed all night,  It came to me...the scripture that I LOVE so much..Be still and know I am God...When we are still we can hear God!  When we get too busy (which we ALL do) we can't hear the Lord speak to us....I get rushed, I work fulltime, have 3 children, pets, live in a one bedroom apt!!!!!!  I get wrapped up in everything going on here in New Orleans and being still is just not that easy...BUT the enemy reminds me when I am not being still because he attacks!
Praise God!!  Saturday morning was great!  I prayed all night Friday night..I woke up Saturday morning giving God the glory!!!  My daughter and I made up..She went to work!!!  The boys and I had a great day!!!  God is awesome!!   Take that time to BE STILL so you can hear God's voice!  HE LOVES US SO MUCH!!!  Have a blessed Sunday!!!!    <><