Friday, June 22, 2012

Beautiful!


YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! 

Notice the BOLD CAPS?? That means I'm yelling at YOU! I just want to make sure that you hear this loud and clear! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Self image...ugh! I've battled that my entire life! I've been told no less than a million times how beautiful I am by my dad. If you know him...you know how he says it..."Isn't she beautiful?" He will literally ask anyone that is near him, whether he knows them or not!!! So embarrassing! I deep down love it, but I'll never admit it to him because I like to respond with "Dad, please!" then I roll my eyes, shake my head and graciously thank the person that says YES just because they feel compelled to because my DAD is asking! :-)

Why is my nose so big? I have too much cellulite! My stretchmarks look like road map! My hair is gray, why   do I have more gray than most of my friends? Why are my legs skinnier than everything else? Why are my wrinkles coming in faster than I can pick the right wrinkle cream?? Why am I so white? Why can't white teeth come naturally? Who would want me, when so many other woman are prettier? (going through a divorce doesn't help..lol) Do ANY of these sound familiar? OK maybe not the same issues but do you have a list of whys? Things you'd love to change? Pick out the good things and focus on those. I love my eyelashes, they are thinner than they used to be but I have always liked them, I love my feet! They are pretty!  Can you pick out things that you like? Focus on those and then remember that our inside is what really matters...KNOW that YOU are BEAUTIFUL!


I praise you (God) because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt. (PS 139)


God created me, He created YOU! He made us different for a reason. I'm all for keeping up a nice appearance and coloring my gray roots! I'm not saying that taking care of yourself is a bad thing. I'm saying truly not knowing how beautiful you are is a bad thing. Our beauty comes from within..True beauty and all that  know you can see it. Don't worry about what the world thinks...worry about what God thinks of you. He made you PERFECT! Perfect in His eyes. So I challenge you...(and me, which is why I wrote this. :-) I need it too!) to say this...I AM BEAUTIFUL! loudly and proudly...I AM BEAUTIFUL!

Remember Fiona the ogre in Shrek? She told Shrek that she thought that she'd be a beautiful woman after their kiss but instead she was still an ogre...Shrek replied "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"

You are too. Encourage someone today and let them know how beautiful they are.