Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm an ANT!

I am fascinated by this devotional and had to share! Ya see, I feel like an ant...not an aunt but an ANT. I mean I am an aunt, and I'm very proud of that title but an ANT seems so insulting. I feel small, weak, and constantly running around non stop in the cracks..in the chaos...and feel lost in the busyness of the day, traffic, and "ant" race. Then....God speaks to me, through this devotional..what an awesome God! I have never read this particular scripture before or atleast it didn't speak to me when I read it before...but it sure did a few days ago! As a matter of fact. It spoke to me so much that it's been imbedded in my thoughts!

So the scripture says that Ants are creatures of little strength yet they store up their food in the summer. I know that I have strength but some days seem so little. I know that I have great faith but some days it seems so weak. Some days I feel like I can take on the world and some days the world stomps on me repeatedly! (All can relate, I'm sure) The more that I find out about the ants...I realize that I AM an ANT! I am preparer..probably to a fault but nevertheless...ants prepare by storing their food in the summer. They carry more than their weight! I do that, of course most of it is on my shoulders! lol It shows strength! I'm no longer insulted that I feel like an Ant! I'm refreshed by the very thought. :-)

Scripture Scripture Proverbs 30:24-28 “Four things on earth are small,yet they are extremely wise:Ants are creatures of little strength,yet they store up their food in the summer;hyraxesare creatures of little power, yet they make their home in the crags; locustshave no king,yet they advance together in ranks;a lizard can be caught with the hand,yet it is found in kings’ palaces.

Observation
I love these proverbs as they affirm God's creation and how He created nature and life; that the creatures of the earth are created with such innate intelligence that one can only marvel in God's awesome providence; so great that the mind cannot conceive or understand, but instead believe in his glorious ways. The fact that ants are able to carry things exponentially heavier then they are and how they store their food in the summer, how the hyraxes will make use of what God has provided as shelter, how locusts without leadership know how to move in organized ranks and how lizards are able to venture and get in to almost any place they seek.
Application
As I listened to and read these proverbs, it brought to mind how God's creation can reaffirm useful points of success for me. 1. That like the ants; preparation is important. Planning ahead allows one to often be able to handle much more then we think we can handle, just like the ants. 2. Like the Hyraxes, God does provide resources and opportunities. We just need to be able to see God's provision and use it. 3. As the locusts are able to be organized and work with one another even without a leader, so to can we in seeking to work relationally and productively with others. 4. Lizards seem to be able to get into any space or dwelling they want even though they are vulnerable to capture; so to can we be bold in moving out and into areas and things that God calls us to, even though there will be risk involved.
Prayer
Dear Lord, thank you for speaking to me through the ingenous ways of your creation such as the wise creatures of nature. Through your scriptures, you paint a beautful mural of life, a master piece that can teach, guide, enable and prompt us with your loving wisdom. I am thankful.